Posted in home
What Twitter is doing to help employees keep working from home forever, from inventing to new lingo to using hand signals on video calls
… Read More
- Twitter has been working on “decentralizing” its workforce since 2018, including adding resources and policies to make life easier for remote workers.
- Some teams at Twitter have invented hand signals to help employees speak up during virtual meetings, while other teams have invented new phrases to get meetings back on track, according to the Washington Post.
- This has come in handy during the coronavirus outbreak: Twitter was the first major tech company to have its workforce start working from home, and CEO Jack Dorsey has told employees they may keep working remotely forever.
- Twitter has since decided to sublease 100,000 square feet at its San Francisco headquarters and has a policy in place to cut pay for employees who move outside the Bay Area to a less expensive region.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.