Posted in home

‘They Just Should Not Be in Rescue’

SWNS Leon and Nikita

Two cats in the United Kingdom have hopefully found their fur-ever home to spend their golden years.

At 21 years old, the cats named Leon and Nikita have well surpassed the life expectancy of the average moggy. Sadly the elderly duo recently found themselves in need of a new home.

Over the weekend, the RSPCA Northamptonshire branch sent out a call to get the duo adopted in their “retirement” after the family they were with could not care for them.

“They are just such lovely cars and at 21-years-old they just should not be in rescue,” Michelle Billingham, an animal care supervisor at the animal rescue, told the Northampton Chronicle & Echo.

“Due to their age, we are keen to get these lovely boys settled into a new home asap,” the RSPCA said on its website. “Leon and Nikita are an affectionate pair who enjoy

Read More
Continue Reading ‘They Just Should Not Be in Rescue’
Posted in lowe's home improvement

Police officers rescue man from Springfield, IL house fire

Illinois cops rushed into an 83-year-old man’s house after a car crashed into it, igniting a fire.

Dramatic video from a Springfield Police Department officer’s body camera shows him run into the home as the blaze raged Wednesday night. The officer smashed through a door that was lodged shut before carrying the coughing man outside to safety.

The fire started after a speeding car went airborne over nearby railroad tracks before crashing into the home, police say.

The police department identified the officers as Nicholas Renfro and Juan Resendez.

“Because of their selfless and heroic actions, Officers Renfro and Resendez were able to save a person’s life,” officials said in a news release.

The 29-year-old female driver of the vehicle and two teens were found near the scene. The woman was taken to a hospital for injuries not considered to be life-threatening before she was arrested and taken to jail,

Read More
Continue Reading Police officers rescue man from Springfield, IL house fire