- The best way to get electrolytes is by consuming them through your diet.
- You can get electrolytes from foods like chicken, watermelon, and avocado.
- You can also get electrolytes through drinks like 100% fruit juice, coconut water, or sports drinks.
- This article was medically reviewed by Samantha Cassetty, MS, RD, nutrition and wellness expert with a private practice based in New York City.
- Visit Insider’s Health Reference library for more advice.
Fruits, dairy, and poultry are a great source of electrolytes like potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium.
Electrolytes help you stay hydrated, along with many other important functions that keep you alive and kicking.
If you’re looking to replenish your electrolytes, there are plenty of delicious options from coconut water to parmesan cheese.
What are electrolytes?
Electrolytes are critical for regulating the amount