- Silicon Valley has long been known for its lavish employee perks, like on-site fitness classes and free meals.
- But as the coronavirus crisis continues to keep workers at home, many tech companies are shifting from fun perks to accommodating benefits — particularly for working parents.
- Tech companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Salesforce have started offering benefits like free back-up childcare, extra paid caregiver leave, and subsidized memberships to childcare and tutoring services.
- Experts say the emphasis on helping working parents may have been spurred by the pandemic, but will stick around even after life begins to return to normal.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When much of corporate America shifted to remote work six months ago, it initially seemed like it could be to the advantage of working parents. But working from home came with a new slew of