An explosion tore through a North Carolina house, killing a 79-year-old man, officials say.
Lon Record, the only person home at the time of the blast, was airlifted to a burn center in critical condition on Wednesday, a Duplin County spokesperson told McClatchy News. Record later died.
At least 17 animals, including dogs and cats, were inside the home when it exploded, said Elizabeth Stalls, public information officer for Duplin County.
Though news outlets had previously reported that five animals died, officials now say two pets originally presumed dead were later found. Three other missing animals are believed to be alive.
In a post that didn’t directly mention the explosion, Duplin County Animal Services on Wednesday posted photos of injured animals that were getting treatment.
“Due to an unexpected tragedy at a local home in Duplin County, we have received numerous animals,” the post said, “many with medical
We’ve seen plenty of, as well as smart lights that sync with , with , or with . But how about a smart light bulb that promises to disinfect your phone, or even your bathroom?
That’s the latest pitch from, a major smart lighting brand based in Australia. The company tells CNET it’s preparing to release a new Lifx Clean LED in North America later this year, billing it as “the world’s first antibacterial, germicidal smart light that works as a disinfectant.”