‘DWTS’ cast rumors
“Dancing with the Stars” cast rumors for season 29 sound wild. Former “The Bachelorette” star Kaitlyn Bristowe (who’s now dating Buffalo hunk Jason Tartick) is the confirmed celebrity so far, but ET reports Backstreet Boys singer A.J. McLean will also be competing for the mirrorball trophy this fall. E! News reports other people in talks include controversial “Tiger King” subject Carole Baskin, actress Anne Heche and “Selling Sunset” star Chrishell Stause — while White House coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci turned them down. The full cast will be announced Wednesday, Sept. 2 on “Good Morning America.” Season 29 of “DWTS” premieres Monday, Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. on ABC with new host Tyra Banks and likely some other changes due to Covid-19, such as no studio audience.
‘Home Improvement’ reunion
It’s tool time: Variety reports the History Channel has ordered a reality competition series that will reunite “Home Improvement” stars Tim Allen (a.k.a. Tim “The Toolman” Taylor) and Richard Karn (a.k.a. Al Borland). “Assembly Required” (working title) will feature builders in their home workshops competing to fix or improve everyday household items, which sounds a lot like the ’90s sitcom.
Live-action ‘Powerpuff Girls’
SlashFilm reports a live-action “Powerpuff Girls” sequel/reboot is in the works. Oscar-winning Diablo Cody (”Juno”) is writing a new series for The CW with Greg Berlanti (”Arrow,” “Riverdale”) executive producing. The original cartoon, which ran from 1998 to 2005, followed three kindergarten-aged girls — Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup — saving the world before bedtime but the updated version will follow the superheroes as young adults in their 20s.
- ‘Enola Holmes’ trailer: Millie Bobby Brown is Sherlock’s wild child sister (SF)
- Beastie Boys recall two wildest MTV VMAs moments (Yahoo)
- Dorinda Medley leaving ‘Real Housewives of New York’ (E!)
- Bon Jovi praises NY coronavirus response with ‘Do What You Can’ video (BB)
- John Belushi biopic back in the works with Adam Pally (SF)
- Disclosure designs Minecraft world for new album (RS)
- YouTube star Landon Clifford dies at 19 (E!)
- James Charles says he received death threats after JoJo Siwa makeover (BB)
- First look at ‘Cobra Kai’ season 3 coming to Netflix (SF)
- Amanda Shires, Jason Isbell cover Aerosmith’s ‘Cryin’’ (RS)
- ‘The Nutty Professor’ remake in the works (SF)
- ‘Serpico,’ ‘Quiz Show’ actor Allen Rich dies at 94 (ET)
- Jennifer Garner sobs after finishing ‘The Office’ (E!)
- ‘The Thing’ reboot in the works with Blumhouse, John Carpenter (Variety)
- ‘American Utopia’ trailer: David Byrne’s concert film with Spike Lee (SF)
Buzz is a daily roundup of entertainment news from movies, TV, music and celebrity gossip.