Table of Contents
- 1 Ameriprise auto insurance
- 2 Ameriprise home insurance coverage options and discounts
- 3 Ameriprise life insurance
- 4 Ameriprise ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
- 5 Reasons why Ameriprise is a great option
- 6 Additional policies offered by Ameriprise
- 7 Frequently asked questions
A well-established financial institution, Ameriprise also offers auto, home and life insurance policies. It sells standard policies at middle-of-the-road rates. Ameriprise recently sold its home and auto insurance business to American Family Insurance. According to American Family, “The acquisition brings together two Wisconsin companies with similar cultures, values and customer focus.”
Ameriprise auto insurance
Ameriprise gives drivers the standard selection of auto insurance coverage and discount options plus a few nice extras such as glass repair and stolen key coverage.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: Collision coverage pays for repairs in an accident, while comprehensive coverage applies to other types of damage or vehicle theft.
- Liability: Liability insurance protects you if you cause damage to another driver’s car or physical injuries in a collision.
- Rental car: You’re covered when driving a rental car.
- Rideshare: Rideshare coverage is for drives for rideshare companies such as Lyft or Uber.
- Lease and loan gap coverage: If there’s a gap between what you owe on your leased car and what it’s worth, this insurance makes up the difference.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist damage: This helps if you’re in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Medical payments and personal injury coverage: Pays medical bills if you or a passenger are injured in a crash.
- Emergency roadside assistance: Help available if you break down by the roadside.
- Accident forgiveness: After three years of being a policyholder with Ameriprise, they forgive your first at-fault accident.
- Accident travel expense coverage: If you are involved in a crash more than 100 miles from home, Ameriprise contributes to covering travel or accommodation expenses.
- Glass repair deductible waivers: Ameriprise waives your policy’s deductible if cracks or chips in your windshield can be repaired.
- Stolen key coverage: No deductible applies for stolen key replacement charges under $250.
- Premier safety discount: Discount if you’ve had no accidents or tickets, and filed no claims.
- Tenure: Loyalty discount if you’ve been with the company for a long time.
- Good student discount: Ameriprise offers a discount for full-time students who maintain good grades.
- Multi-vehicle: Overall premiums drop if you insure multiple vehicles with Ameriprise.
- Vehicle safety features: Anti-lock brakes, airbags and other standard safety features lower your premiums.
- Garaging: Discount for garaging your vehicle overnight.
In addition to these discounts, Ameriprise offers discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them.
Ameriprise home insurance coverage options and discounts
When you ask for an Ameriprise car insurance quote, why not ask about homeowners insurance at the same time? You can save by bundling policies, and it’s less hassle to have all your policies with the same company.
- Dwelling coverage: Dwelling insurance covers the complete rebuilding or repair of your home’s structure after an event such as smoke or fire damage, vandalism, theft or windstorms.
- Identify theft: This optional coverage helps pay for expenses related to identity theft.
- Credit card or check card protection: This covers unauthorized use of your credit card or checks.
- Food spoilage: Ameriprise will pay out up to $500 in value for food spoiled in a power outage.
- Lock replacement: If your home is broken into, Ameriprise pays for lock replacement up to $100.
- Medical payments: Pays the medical bills if someone is injured on your property.
Discounts and benefits available for Ameriprise homeowners insurance policyholders include
- Age of home: Policies on newer homes cost less.
- Claims-free: If you’ve been claims-free for five years, you get a discount.
- Renovation: If you’ve upgraded systems such as plumbing, electrical, or mechanical, your Ameriprise home insurance quote will be lower.
- Home safety features: Installing smoke alarms and security systems lower premiums.
- Tenure: Long-term Ameriprise customers receive lower premiums.
Ameriprise life insurance
If you have loved ones you’d like to leave financially covered if you pass, consider adding life insurance.
Types of policies offered
- Term life insurance: Coverage is available for term lengths of 10, 15, 20 and 30 years.
- Permanent life insurance: This is lifetime coverage with a cash value and a death benefit.
Ameriprise ratings, reviews, customer satisfaction and complaints
Ameriprise auto insurance ranked fourth in California for customer satisfaction with J.D. Power and Associates on their 2020 Auto Insurance Study, but in other parts of the country, Ameriprise ranks much lower. Ameriprise insurance reviews are poor over at Consumer Affairs, but the company has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.
Customers complain about confusing policies and costs which increase with little warning, though they say that initially filing a claim is easy. Drivers who’ve been struck by Ameriprise-insured drivers don’t have positive comments about their experience working with Ameriprise.
Reasons why Ameriprise is a great option
Both Ameriprise and the auto insurance division’s new owner, American Family Insurance, are stable, solid companies. They’ll be around for decades to come, and you can build a long relationship with them.
Safe drivers with clean records who can also buy other policies through Ameriprise should request an Ameriprise insurance quote. Homeowners with newer homes that have many safety features could also receive a competitive rate from Ameriprise. Knowing you can bundle life insurance and manage all your insurance coverage in one place can save you time and money overall.
Additional policies offered by Ameriprise
You can also get an Ameriprise insurance quote for:
- Collectors car
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get a quote from Ameriprise?
To start the process select the insurance type you want to purchase online and your zip code. Their online quote system will walk you through the steps to get an Ameriprise insurance quote.
How do I file a claim with Ameriprise?
Ameriprise insurance claims can be filed online or by phone.
Can I still get an Ameriprise insurance quote even though the company has been sold to American Family?
Yes, you can still request an Ameriprise insurance quote online or by calling customer service.
What’s the difference between Ameriprise term vs. permanent life insurance?
Term life insurance covers you for a set period of time anywhere between 10 years and 30. If you’re still living when the term is up, all the premiums you paid are kept by Ameriprise and your insurance expires. A permanent life insurance policy doesn’t have an expiration date. As long as you pay for coverage, you’re insured.