Table of Contents
- 1 Questions to ask a home inspector before the inspection begins
- 2 Questions to ask a home inspector during a home inspection
- 2.1 1. ‘What does that mean?’
- 2.2 2. ‘Is this a big deal or a minor issue?’
- 2.3 3. ‘What’s that water spot on the ceiling, and does it need a repair?’
- 2.4 4. ‘I’ve never owned a house with an HVAC/boiler/basement. How do I maintain this thing?’
- 2.5 5. ‘What are your biggest concerns about the property?’
- 3 Questions to ask a home inspector after the inspection is done
If you’re buying a house, you know that your home inspector will check it out and make sure it’s in decent shape. But if you want to get to know your home beyond its pretty facade, you should pepper your inspector with questions—a whole lot of them, in fact!
But when you ask those home inspector questions is as important as what you ask. To ensure you get the most out of your home inspection, here’s a timeline of queries to hit before the inspection even starts, during the actual home inspection, and well after it’s over.