- As the school year begins, many parents are struggling more than ever to balance their work schedules with their kids’ virtual or in-person classes.
- While most companies are open of COVID-related adjustments, it can be challenging to ask your boss for childcare accommodations.
- Start by explaining your situation, and come prepared with very specific asks about how to make working from home easier.
- Whether it’s breaking your day into time blocks or compromising on deadlines, be firm with your requests but also keep an open mind when discussing solutions with your employer.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rebecca Kallman is the head of brand management at Argonaut, a San Francisco-based advertising agency. She’s also the mom of two very busy kids, ages six and three and a half. When the pandemic hit, she faced many of the same struggles so many other working parents have now that everyone