- If you’re considering buying a second home, there are four signs you can afford it.
- Those signs include being on track with your retirement savings and saving for other important goals.
- Another sign that you can afford a second home is that you don’t need to rent out the home in order to afford it.
- You’ll also need to be able to afford the maintenance and any emergency expenses on both of your homes.
- Sign up for Personal Finance Insider’s email newsletter here »
Buying a second home is a major purchase. While it’s a nice idea to own a place for a weekend getaway or a month-long stay, knowing if you’re ready to buy can be complicated.
Financial planner Andrew Rosen has worked with a number of professionals, executives, and retirees over his nearly 20-year financial planning career. “A second home is something that comes with a lot of